If you are transgendered, or want something that will have the weight and feel of a real breast, then you really want an actual breastform. Breast forms come in a few types, shapes, features, etc. You are welcome to look these over to see what best suits your needs/budget. But here I will be giving my suggestions based on the experience I have had with the forms I have owned.
Two main types of forms:
(Attachable and Non-Attachable)
Personally the attachable ones are only about $10 more and they come with a free kit of adhesive strips. So if you're going bang for buck, definitely get these. The reason I say this is because not only will these keep your forms from moving around through out the day, which can create a "wandering boob" or "uniboob" look which is definitely not wanted, but it also allows you to do costumes/outfits that are backless because you do not need a bra. Now you can always get an adhesive bra to go over them for the "just in case" situations. But after extensively testing the hold of your forms on your body, you may not need that extra step. But definitely test it for a while to make sure they will stay on. This is a "your mileage will vary" thing, since someone who buys tiny forms won't have much problem, because weight to adhesion ratio will be in favor of the adhesive strips. But if a girl like my wears just the strips and no bra, I might have an issue because I wear size 7 forms and they have some good weight to them. So definitely, test it out before you go running around in a backless outfit, only to drop a boob on the dance floor.
- Very life like, weight, feel, size/shape are all very true to a natural breast.
- They move when you do, if you run, they bounce. This makes you all the more believable since real breasts move, people are expecting yours to move too.
- If someone touches you, either on purpose or accident, they feel real. So if you get a smartass trying to "make you" by offering a hug at a convention, or some other type of contact, this will certainly keep them guessing!
- Does come with nipples, and you can add different ones to the outside of the form for a more realistic look/feel if that is needed. (Mention Crossplay.net for a free pair of these right now if you order more than $50!)
- These do warm to your body temperature. This adds even more to the belivability of forms, since real breasts have body heat, these will as well. But on cold days, you may want to warm them up slowly with water. Because just like they heat up with your body temperature, they also drop with the cold. So first thing in the morning, don't just slap them on or you'll really be in for a wake up call. ^^;;
- They adhere to your body with the special included strips. This helps prevent them from moving around and looking less real when you have two boobs on one side, or they strart becoming neck or waist boobs.
- They are more expensive than the sleep forms mentioned below. But they are well worth it if you want to pass, and pass well.
- They can be heavier, since they are meant to look/feel/move like real breasts. The weight will take getting used to, but it is not that much of an issue unless you pick an insane size, which you shouldn't do anyway because it won't be as believable.
- These types of forms are not rated for the water. But you can buy special ones if you plan to go swimming from the same website.
- Can not sleep on these, it will risk harming the form. For this just get a pair of matching sleep forms to enlogate the life of your good forms.
If you are on a budget, or do not plan to get much use out of a breast form, but still want something that will give you the proper appearance of a breast, then you want what is called a "Sleep/Travel Form". These are cheap, $40 foam breasts that will fill out your outfit/costume properly like real breasts would, but for a fraction of the cost of real breast forms.
- These are great for those who are either on a budget, just starting out in the transgendered community, or are the occasional crossplayer that doesn't really need to spend the money for real forms.
- They are light and easy to wear for long periods of time, or as they were intened, while sleeping or traveling.
- They can also be used while exercizing to reduce perspiration that is usually created with real forms, but if you're on a treadmill there will be no bounce. But in private you're good!
- The downsides of these vs real forms for transgendered people are that the weight and feel are not there.
- If you want that bounce when you run or walk, the foam forms will not give you that.
- If someone hugs you, bumps you, etc., these forms will not feel real. They will feel just like foam pillows.
Making your fake chest
I made this tutorial a while ago on how to make your fake breasts rather cheap and easily.
How to make your fake boobs, by Kimberly Balduf (No putting this anywhere with out my name attached!)
Anyway, on to the false boobies! I recently made myself some good ones and they're dirt cheap too! I had read a long time ago about rice, bird seed, etc etc. But I was embarrassed and didn't want to try that, so I kept using winter socks. But somewhat recently I was brave enough to give this a shot once I seen how nice they could look.
I'll do this recipe style! Here's your ingredients!
1 bag of short grain rice (Ideal, but if you cant find it long grain will do)
1 package helium quality ROUND balloons, WHITE.
1 set of funnels
I got all of that in one trip to Walmart. The rice was about 1.30, the balloons about 70 cents, and the funnels were another dollar something. So all and all this will cost 3-4 dollars depending on price, and you can make two sets of boobs! A pair of Cs and a pair of Ds!
Ok, now that you have all this together here's what you do. Blow up two of the white balloons to stretch them out. Next, place one of them over the funnel's spout. Make sure to get the funnel that best seals around your mouth. Why you need this seal will be explained in a bit. Anyway, you do not need to tape the balloon to the funnel, you need somewhere to hold, and this is the best spot. Now comes the filling!
When I was making these, the original instructions were put the rice in a ziplock back, roll it up and stick it in a sock. Didn't seem very well made that way, lots of extra stuff in there to mess with the shape, not to mention poke into your chest over the course of a day. Sure it feels fine when you first put it on, but think about a WHOLE day wearing them, ouch. So I decided that placing the rice into a balloon was the best way to do it, in effect making my own stress balls. Rather large ones though. So the problem was how to get the rice into the balloons. You certainly can't stuff it in there with your finger, I tried that. So I needed to inflate the balloon somehow. Well blowing air into it then getting the rice in wasn't going to work, and the only other way was creating a vacuum outside the balloon. Yeah, I know that's overkill.. you don't need to buy anything like that. In case someone doesn't know what machine I'm talking about, it's the kind flower shops use to put bears into the balloons.
But, before you put the rice into the balloons you need to know how much equals what cup size! The friend who told me about the zippy bag method gave me a rough estimate on cups of rice versus cup size. Two cups of rice equals a C cup. And to get the larger anime chests that some of the girls have, for my second set, I used the rest of the bag. I think it was around 3.5 cups to 4 for each breast. I don't know about anything lower than that.. I would guess at 1.5 being a B, and A probably a cup or less. But for those you can probably get away with socks.
Here's the secret on how put the rice in! With the funnel inserted into the balloon, measure out your first cup of rice, and pour a little of that into the funnel. You'll have to test the amount to see what fits your face and funnel best, but it's a no brainer. Once you have this fixed, seal the funnel around your mouth, and gently blow the rice through it and into the balloon. This may take a bit of wiggling to get it through the end because it can get a little jammed, but nothing serious has ever happened to me. Once you have all or most of the rice into the balloon, it's time to let the excess air back out. WARNING! Let it pass the seal SLOWLY! Otherwise you'll have rice shooting all over the place, on your floor, up your nose, down your throat.. it's not fun. Repeat this until your allotted amount cups of rice. Then, simply tie it off and voila! You have boobs!
Bra Tips For Your New Boobs!
I recommend a demi bra. If you don't know what this is, go to a bra site and look one up. I don't know a lot about bras yet, but these have the better cup shapes because they have the entire breast area covered, so they make the nice tear drop shape we who lack boobs need. Just don't over fill that bra and you'll be fine.
Anyway, like I said at the top of this message.. I devised this whole process, so please put my name on any repostings of this. A link to my site would be great too!
I hope that helps some people! If you have any questions on other types of forms or methods to make cheap forms please post them in here. I will edit and update this post with new information as it is created!